Today’s entry…spot light please……..oh and I also need you to cue a drum roll…..will be simplistic and straight to the point.
10 reason’s why my stressful day was relieved by running:
10. I downloaded some new running music that sounded like something off that Dance Dance Revolution game. Asian women singing pop songs of today with a beat of 120-150 bpm. “cuz, baby urrr a firrrewrk….make them say roh roh roh….” I am not exaggerating.
9. As I begin to run, I turn my new music on and just start laughing…I have a feeling this is going to be a great run.
8. The weather was perfect for a great outdoor run. Sunny, 60’s (F), and just me, my music, and the pavement.
7. As I was running around the track, I got about to a mile, then I started to walk at a swift pace so I could still build endurance. My body needed to release the stress some how.
6. Started walking with a woman who so graciously let me steal her “peace of mind” time. She gave me such great advice! “Do all you want to do before kids, when your thinking about marrying a person–look at how he was raised, what his family is like, and how he was treated as a child, then lastly don’t change for anyone! Be that strong woman”
5. While walking on the trail around, it seemed as though everyone was smiling! Everyone was in such a great mood, how could I not be? That was the encouragement I needed.
4. There were lots of families out and about…parents walking or biking with their children, couples walking their dogs, and lots of fitness going on out there! (side note: also encouraging!)
3. 1 bug swallowed, 3 piles of goose poop avoided, 1 attack by a dog thinking he was Superman, little kid all of 4 years old riding his bike and flirting with me…
2. I finally got in the zone! All my crappy feelings of junk went out the door the more I pounded the pavement. I felt all of my issues just melt away and because of that I was in a better mood! (YAY!)
AND THE NUMBER ONE REASON…..
1. OK, I don’t particularly like running. I do it for the mental challenge. Yesterday, I ran/walked 4.95 miles and I felt accomplished. I felt like I had finally “OWNED” something of my crazy stressful day yesterday! I needed to feel some sort of ownership…Nomad helped me realize that.
When I got done, I just turned on some Mumford and Sons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KCg_QEHtkY&feature=related. This song symbolically is my reminder when I am in a bad mood I NEED TO say yes and let love grow in my heart. The lyrics say no, but I choose yes! One moment of defiance. 😉 This group just kind of has been adapted as my solemn moments.
Full body stretch. Starting with my neck, then arms…then the hamstrings. I spend a lot of time stretching my jello legs out and when I am done…I stand up and reach to my arms to Heaven and ground myself and it feels amazing. My brain has been massaged of all its toxins, my spirit feels renewed, and my body is weak with accomplishment.