So, several things have happened since the last time I posted. A lot of serious things happening as well as light-hearted wonderful things. I have compiled a list lessons I have begun to learn 🙂 I really wish you could see what I look like right now….hmmm….
1. Love is hard. Loving someone despite everything, thru anything, and over all is one of the hardest things I am learning at the present moment. Loving someone aside from disrespect, aside from their inability to understand or love you back, and most of all simply just loving because you know you ought to is so tough. GREAT lesson to learn.
2. Family maybe frustrating but, family is for life. Blood is thicker than water and you’re not always going to like them but you always have to love them.
3. It doesn’t pay to plan fully (certain things like getting a hotel room reservation, you know stuff like that is acceptable) because those plans will always fall through despite your efforts. So what’s plan b? Even if plan b presents itself last-minute, it will arrive in perfect timing.
4. Safety pins save splitting zippers at formal events. 😉 But flip side, built-in air conditioner and the possibility of sticking yourself! OPPS!
5. Even when you feel like you are worth nothing to anyone always remember you are something to someone. Who cares if it’s your dad….or your dog…or Herb. You are still loved and someone is always proud or looking forward to seeing you. Try not to feel under appreciated even though you run ragged.
6. Learn the ins-and-outs of how your car works. Car is leaking something and I cannot do anything about it until tomorrow…yay!
7. Everything is made better when being surrounded by good company and booze. What a great day it is when you can be in the company of old friends whom you love dearly but, might not get to see as often as you like.
8. It is what it is and shit happens whether it makes it to the bowl or not. On a figurative note, keep everything in perspective. Life is messy. Ask for gobs of patience!!
9. Life can be really discouraging sometimes. People are GOING to let you down. It definitely pays to use Discover. Keep on keeping on….keep on trucking. People are there rooting for you, encouraging you physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually…There is a HUGE support group just for you!!! WAHOO!
10. Don’t try to poke someone with a fork, because when they move they will claim that they tried to stab you. Yep…this occurred at dinner none the less. Why couldn’t it have been http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQXVHITd1N4??????
11. If your hair is curly and it’s humid….stop straightening and fighting them. Be lazy and just buy the right product and let it go! So what if it looks crazy?!
12. There is always someone worse off than you: http://www.ksnt.com/news/national/story/Tornadoes-hit-Minneapolis-and-Joplin-at-least-one/6eaPtHSaqUGJ8kJmTIhYnA.cspx
13. Binaca will NOT get you any dates, but it will give you great breath! (ask Laugh-a-Lot about our bar excursion! We were sober and going around asking guys if they wanted “fresh breath” all night!) OH and don’t be afraid to tell a guy off (I had to…he looked at me like WTF just happened! But, it got him out of our hair…note to creepers…the CatMan has no fear.
14. Everyone needs a friend like Laugh-a-Lot…she is the only person I know that will go garage sailing (yes I realize it is “garage sales” but, you are moving so swiftly from one to the next such as she then you would be ‘sailing’…)and wear them on a regular basis all together…shirt, leggings, wooden $0.50 necklaces, and a leopard print bag just because she liked them. This is why we love her dearly! OH and looks like a collectomanic when she pulls her life out of her hand bag…”where’s my wallet again?”
AND DRUM ROLL PLEASE:
15. Accept challenges as they come with an open heart. It will help you overcome them with greater ease and make you stronger! SO BRING IT ON!!